It's Time to Burn the Turkey


Burn it off that is.  Well, it's actually everything else that goes with it that we really need to work off, no?  No time for guilt.  My wish for you is that you get to spend the day wrapped up in love...not much else matters.

I had a blissed-out moment while teaching today.  You know the kind.  I was partially into my second class in a row, with sweat running off my forearms, the class was in a groove, the music was pumping in perfect rhythm and everything just flowed...easy...effortless.  It was clearly an "in the zone" experience, causing a big smile to cross my face, one of those that makes the students wonder what the (bleep) is wrong with me, but that's okay, I like it that way.  Today, I am grateful for experiencing that moment, not just the details, but the feeling of it, the way all of life is supposed to feel.

So, in tradition, it's my 90-minute, day after Thanksgiving playlist.  Most of the mash-ups can be found here, at Bootie.  Enjoy your moments.

1. Unwritten (Johnny Vicious Club Mix)/Natasha Bedingfield
2. Summertime Stylo (DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince x Gorillaz)/Mashed by Dave 
    Wrangler
3. The Time (Dirty Bit)/The Black Eyed Peas
4. Animal/Neon Trees
5. Straight To... Number One (Duck's Radio Mix)/Touch & Go
6. Tighten Up/The Black Keys
7. Stereo Love/Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina
8. Love Butterfly (Lady Gaga vs. Crazy Town)/ Mashed by DAW-GUN
9. Letting Go (Dutty Love) [feat. Nicki Minaj]/Sean Kingston
10.Tell Me Baby (Rhythm Scholar Club Mix)/Red Hot Chili Peppers
11. Where The Streets Can't Handle Me (Flo Rida ft. David Guetta vs. U2) /Mashed
      by DJs From Mars
12. Just Say Yes/Snow Patrol
13. Raise Your Glass/P!nk
14. Celeshake (Ying Yang Twins feat. Pitbull vs. Kool & the Gang)
15. Little Lion Man/Mumford & Sons
16. Love The Way You Lie in Paradise City (Eminem ft. Rihanna vs. Guns N'
      Roses)/Mashed by DJs From Mars
17. American Pie/Don Maclean

18. Peaceful Easy Feeling/The Eagles
19. Love, Peace and Freedom / Sita Ram/David Newman 


p.s. It's a really long profile to write out.  I'll say, briefly, that I am teaching #3, 14 and 16 as stand-alone climbs, #6-8 is a 3-part climb, and #10-11 are 3 rolling hills (my term for short hills, with short sections and short flats in-between them).  Everything else is varied flats, including some steady.  #12 is definitely recovery, at the hour mark.  #17 is all flat, building to the finish line.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the "I Can't Wait Until March" playlist

#17

What's on My Mind